TiEcon 2017 Presents Startup Bootcamp!
Present your company in Silicon Valley to VCs and angel investors. This daylong event the day before TiEcon is designed to prepare you to get most out of the conference, fine-tune your business plan and pitch to investors in a way that will grab their attention.
This unique format will allow you to learn from Silicon Valley experts about how to get started on the right foot. You will work with mentors, seasoned entrepreneurs and local business leaders in a small group setting and gain insights on how to take your business to the next level. The program will be capped at 120 attendees.
This workshop is designed as follows to best prepare entrepreneurs and startups on their journey:
- Morning session – an interactive lecture:
- Getting the most out of attending TiEcon
- Becoming investor-ready
- Networking and maximizing startup visibility
- Afternoon session:
- Fine-tuning presentations by working with accomplished Silicon Valley mentors and entrepreneurs in a small-group setting
- Using fast-paced mentoring and a successive elimination method, a handful of teams will be selected to pitch to a panel of investors
- Late afternoon:
- Pitching! Startups will have the opportunity to present their 10-minute pitch to a panel of investors and receive feedback.
All registered attendees will receive a book set about how to start a company and get it funded — Silicon Valley style!
History: In 2016, TiE Silicon Valley started a new initiative — Startup Bootcamp — where 100 international entrepreneurs were invited to Silicon Valley represent their companies. During this one-day workshop, participating entrepreneurs had the unique opportunity to meet mentors who could guide them on how to take their startup forward. The Bootcamp was a huge success for our international entrepreneurs and TiE Silicon Valley received multiple requests to expand the program to local entrepreneurs as well. Due to the level of interest, we are offering this workshop again for TiEcon 2017 to an expanded audience.
- Must have at least two co-founders
- Must have completed some initial market research and have a minimum viable product (MVP) or a demo (ideally, companies should also have revenue)
- Must have existed for at least one year or have raised initial capital
Naeem Zafar, an entrepreneur who has scaled global businesses and has dealt firsthand with the inevitable struggles that come with building a business, is chairing Startup Bootcamp at TiEcon 2017. Naeem is a Charter Member of TiE Silicon Valley and a mentor to many startups that visit Silicon Valley every year. Naeem teaches entrepreneurship and innovation at UC Berkeley and is a Professor of the Practice at Brown University.
Participating startups will get to listen to the personal experiences of key leaders and business experts of various trending domains, and then be part of breakout sessions for more personalized mentoring and feedback on their business model and investor pitches.
At TiE, we believe that the entrepreneurship journey begins when you imagine changing the world. It becomes a reality when you innovate, and market leadership is realized when you are able to inflect. Learn to inflect at TiEcon 2017!
- Pricing: $750 per person
- Dates & Location: May 4th, 2017 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA
- What it Includes: A 2-day conference pass for TiEcon (May 5-6th) and preferred access to the Words of Wisdom on May 5th and 6th
Option to Exhibit at TiEcon’s Startup Expo:
The entrepreneurs participating in the Bootcamp have the option of buying a booth and representing their company on the Startup Expo floor on May 5-6th, 2017. For prices, please visit:
TiE Silicon Valley offers discounted hotel packages for TiEcon attendees. It is on a first-come, first-serve basis and space is limited. 2017 prices can be found at: http://2017.tiecon.org/venue-travel/. Entrepreneurs must make their reservations directly.