Carolyn Leighton founded WITI to help women advance by providing access to – and support from – other professional women working in all sectors of technology. WITI started in 1989 as The International Network of Women in Technology and, in 2001, evolved into The WITI Professional Association, the world’s leading trade association for tech-savvy women. Today, WITI is the premiere global organization empowering women in business and technology to achieve unimagined possibilities.With a global network of smart, talented women and a market reach exceeding 2 million, WITI has powerful programs and partnerships that provide connections, resources, opportunities and a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other. Along with its professional association of Networks throughout the U.S. and worldwide, including Hong Kong, Great Britain, Australia, and Mexico, WITI delivers value for individuals that work for a company, the government or academia, as well as small business owners.
WITI products and services include: Networking, WITI Marketplace, Career Services/Search, National Conferences and Regional Events, Publications and Resources, Small Business Programs, Research, Bulletin Boards and more.
WITI’s mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity.
- Provide a platform of connections, resources and opportunities
- Transform corporate and media perceptions of women
- Create a pipeline of women to fill leadership positions in corporate America
- Demonstrate that advancing women directly contributes to the prosperity of all
- Influence top leaders in government, academia and industry to recognize the purchasing power of women
- Encourage girls and young women to choose business and technology careers